Book Fair and Read-A-Thon
“Books are a Sweet Read: ‘Chews’ a Great One”
Book Fair and Read-A-Thon is a collaboration between the school and the school’s Home and School Association (HSA) to both promote literacy, and to raise funds to support our school Library, learning resources, and HSA programs and events that benefit St. Cecilia Catholic School.
We are excited to announce our 2022 Book Fair and Read-A-Thon – Monday, February 28th – Friday, March 4th!
- Monday, February 28th – “Cozy Up With A Good Book / Pajama Day” (must wear athletic shoes with PJ’s)
- Tuesday, March 1st – Mardi Gras Theme – dress in Mardi Gras colors
- Wednesday, March 2nd – “Read to a Friend” – Bring a stuffed animal to school. Wednesday is Ash Wednesday. We will have Mass, so Mass attire is required for all students.
- Thursday, March 3rd – Dress as Your Favorite Book Character Day
- Friday, March 4th – We will have our weekly Spirit Day on Friday, since Mass for this week is on Wednesday for Ash Wednesday.
- Students can read anything they want, including graphic novels, science books, or history books. Students can read during library time, before or after school activities, study hall, and at home.
- Students request pledges (either a donation per minute read or a fixed donation) from family and friends.
- Students will use the Pledge Form/Reading Log to record the pledges.
- Students track minutes they read daily.
- The top readers will earn prizes.
- Please use this link to send your students’ donations and/or upload their reading logs.
- More questions? Please read Read-a-thon’s FAQ and Rules, Pledges, Awards document.
Book Fair Hours and Schedule
Students will come to the Book Fair at a scheduled library time. Parents, Grandparents, and Special Friends are welcome at the Book Fair at any time, but are especially welcome during your child’s scheduled library visit. We encourage you to help your child shop.
- Monday Feb 28th – 8:00AM – 4:00PM
- Tuesday March 1st – 8:00AM – 4:00PM
- Wednesday March 2nd – 8:00AM – 4:00PM
- Thursday March 3rd – 8:00AM – 4:00PM
- Friday March 4th – 8:00AM – 12:00PM
- Click here to view a detailed class schedule of grades and homerooms and when they will be visiting the Library during Book Fair.
- Purchase after the Book Fair as well – our Book Fair website will remain active until Thursday, March 10, 2022 for online shopping.
Book Fair Photo Wall
To celebrate “Books are a Sweet Read: Chews a Great One” we will have a giant photo collage, and would love for your child to be included. We invite you to send a photo of your child holding their favorite candy/treat and a book they love! Please print out the photos and send it with your child(ren) to give to their teacher, or to Eileen Fostey in the Library no later than Wednesday, February 23rd (pictures will not be returned).
Book Fair Scholastic eWallet and Payment Options
eWallet is a safe and convenient digital payment option for your child to shop the Fair cash-free. No more scrambling for money on Book Fair day or worrying about lost cash. Please click here to set up your eWallet. Credit cards are also accepted in person at the Book Fair, but we cannot take cash at Book Fair.
- Please note – it is important that you print out your eWallet information once you set it up, and send it to school with your child(ren) for Book Fair. It is important for the students to have the proof of eWallet and their updated balance when they come to purchase.
Book Fair Teacher Wish Bins
Many teachers will have a Teacher Wish Bin at the Book Fair. Parents are invited to purchase a book from the Teacher Wish Bins at the Book Fair. Your child will be given a Special Gift Label to attach to the book when the book is purchased.
Book Fair Volunteer Opportunities
We would love volunteer help in making our “Books are a Sweet Read: ‘Chews’ a Great One” a success. Parents interested in helping with setup, helping students shop, or clean up can please use this sign-up-genius.