St. Cecilia Catholic School students participate in a variety of Academic Competitions including PSIA and the St. Pius Middle School Academic Rally. More information is below on the programs.
PSIA is the Private School Interscholastic Association. It sponsors district and state academic objective and subjective event competitions which are run and staffed by parent volunteers. The district and state events follow strict rules for participation and competition. Individual schools organize their own PSIA programs in whatever way the school feels best prepares their students for competition.
Our program here at St. Cecilia Catholic School is determined by the PSIA Staff Team. Students in 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th grades at St. Cecilia Catholic School can participate in PSIA.
- Meet eligibility criteria as for other St. Cecilia extracurricular activities
- Attend sessions on a regular basis (before or after school November – March). Coaches may be able to put some study materials on Google classroom for students who miss club sessions.
- Show effort, interest, and a growth mindset
- For every after-school club with more than 3 members, qualification for any competition will be determined by a mock qualifying event given by the coach.
- Club Fees: Choose 1 club for $250, 2 clubs for $350, 3 clubs for $400 * (installment plan available)
- Fill a volunteer slot for the competitions in which St. Cecilia students are entered
- *Additional registration fees may apply for contest participants
- November 1st, 2022 – academic clubs begin
- February 4th – 5th, 2023 – St. Pius Middle School Academic Rally for grades 6-8
- Saturday, March 4, 2023 – PSIA District “12AA” meet hosted at Trinity Lutheran School in Spring
- Saturday, April 29, 2023 – PSIA State “AA” Meet for qualifying competitors at TCU in Fort Worth
Please see this page for the club and course offerings for this year, and also this letter regarding Academic Clubs.
For additional information on the PSIA program, please see the PSIA web site.