St. Cecilia Catholic School’s commitment is to keep carpool safe for students and efficient for parents.
General Carpool Safety:
- Please remember to always follow the teachers’ instructions for the safety of the students.
- All students must exit the car from the sidewalk side. No students are allowed between cars at any time. All vehicles should be in PARK when unloading.
- Please refrain from using cell phones during carpool drop off or pick up. No driving with small children on your lap. No children leaning out of windows.
- For all afternoon pick-up: buckle little ones in AFTER in a parking spot that doesn’t block the line.
Maps and Instructions
- Maps and Instructions Document for morning and afternoon carpool – including – Early Drop Off, HOV, and Community Center Parking lot
Morning Drop-Off: Early Arrival (7:00AM – 7:35AM)
- Early Arrival: 7:00AM-7:30AM, outside the gate to the school field.
- Any students (not just HOV) can be dropped off during the Early Arrival time.
- PK3-4th grade Students who arrive for Early Arrival will go to the gym, and be monitored by staff, socially distanced, and organized by grade level from 7:00AM – 7:30AM.
- 5th-8th grade students who arrive for Early Arrival will go to the cafeteria will be monitored by staff, socially distanced and organized by grade level from 7:00AM-7:30AM.
- Beginning at 7:15AM, students will have the option of remaining in the gym or playing on the Field or Pavilion.
Morning Carpool – HOV (7:35AM – 7:50AM)
- HOV Morning Carpool is from 7:35AM to 7:50AM
- Only HOV and HOV-Auction may use the front office entrance/teacher lot after 7:35AM.
Morning Carpool – Community Center Drop-Off (7:35AM – 7:50AM)
- Community Center Drop-Off is from 7:35AM to 7:55AM for Kinder-8th grade and PK3/4 who do not have a pink Oldest and Only Tag.
- Parents will enter the parking lot from Denise Street at the very first entrance located next to the building. Cars will continue to follow the sidewalk from that entrance, go under the porte cochere, and continue along the sidewalk to the Community Center.
- Cars must pull all of the way to the Community Center regardless of the number of cars in the line. No cars may enter the line from Joan of Arc Drive.
- Cars will exit onto Joan of Arc or at the designated exit on Denise Street.
- School starts at 7:55am. Cars who are not in the parking lot at 7:55 will need to get checked in at the desk at the front of the school and receive a tardy slip.
Morning Carpool – PK3/4 OLDEST AND ONLY Community Center Drop-Off (8:00AM-8:05AM)
- Students with a pink Oldest and Only tag (prek3/4) may arrive to the parking lot starting at 7:55AM to help with assisting the younger students at arrival.
- We will unload only those students with a pink tag from the porte cochere during this time. All others will be redirected to the front of the building for a tardy slip.
- Cars not in the parking lot at 8:05AM will need to go to the front of the school for a tardy slip.
Afternoon Pick-Up – Early Dismissal for Oldest / Only (Community Center)
- Early Dismissal Oldest / Only students will have a staggered dismissal from their classrooms.
- Early Dismissal Pick-Up takes place in the Community Center parking lot.
- Early Dismissal For Oldest / Only Pick-Up for PK3 and PK4: 2:45PM-3:00PM.
- Early Dismissal For Oldest / Only Pick-Up for Kindergarten & 1st Grade: 3:00PM-3:15PM.
- Any PK3 and PK4 students who have an Oldest sibling in Kindergarten or 1st Grade may be picked up with their older sibling at 3:00PM.
- Remaining students will stay in their homerooms to be dismissed at the regular carpool.
- Students will be assigned to exit the school building and go to a specific numbered cone. Parents will be directed to that cone to pick-up.
Afternoon Pick-Up – HOV (Begins at 3:20PM)
- Afternoon HOV Pick-Up begins at 3:20PM.
- HOV students will be dismissed from their classrooms to the pavilion.
- They will sit socially distanced on the pavilion until their HOV carpool number is called.
- HOV students will then exit the field gate to their vehicle.
- Please note the HOV line faces west on Joan of Arc.
- Please leave the church circle drive free for non-carpool traffic.
Afternoon Pick-Up – Community Center (Begins at 3:20PM)
- Afternoon Community Center Pick-Up begins at 3:20PM.
- All vehicles must have a carpool tag or sticker displayed on their car at all times during pick up.
- Parents who are in the parking lot prior to 3:15PM will be assigned a cone number to meet their student.
- Students with an assigned cone number will exit the school building and go to a specific numbered cone. Parents will be directed to that cone to pick-up.
- Parents arriving into the parking lot at 3:15PM or later will still follow the directions of the carpool staff on where to line up to pick up their student but will not be given a specific cone number.
- At 3:20PM, all students without a specific cone assigned will be walked out to the paved area by the church to wait in their color groups for their car to arrive for pick up.
- Staff will call out the carpool numbers and cones for any students on the paved area once those assigned cones have been picked up.
- Do not enter pick-up zone to go to your child’s assigned cone until directed by carpool coordinators.
- Any student on the paved area not picked up when carpool is ended will be walked to their grade level Bridges classroom.
Afternoon – Bridges
- Bridges Students will remain in their classroom until dismissal is over.
- Bridges teachers will escort Bridges students to their designated grade level room where they will remain until they are picked up by a parent.
Early Dismissal Days
- On Early Dismissal Days (please click here to view the calendar) – the school day ends at 12:45PM.
- Early Dismissal For Oldest / Only Pick-Up for PK3 and PK4: is at 12:05PM.
- Early Dismissal For Oldest / Only Pick-Up for Kindergarten & 1st Grade: is at 12:25PM.
- Any PK3 and PK4 students who have an Oldest sibling in Kindergarten or 1st Grade may be picked up with their older sibling at 12:25PM.
- All other grades will have dismissal at 12:45PM.