St. Cecilia Catholic School sponsors a duly chartered and affiliated chapter of the National Junior Honor Society. As a prestigious national organization, NJHS’ purpose is to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, to develop character, and to encourage citizenship in St. Cecilia Catholic School’s students. Students are admitted in NJHS annually at the middle-school level.
1. In January, letters with an activity form are sent out to current 6th, 7th and 8th grade students who have a 94.5 or above Mid-semester core class average (includes 1st quarter, 2nd quarter and midterm exam).
2. Candidates must turn in the activity form by the deadline. There will be at least one week given to fill out the form.
3. The NJHS Faculty Council will carefully review the submitted activity forms and select NJHS members. Leadership, service, and participation in school or community activities are required. A majority of the vote is necessary for selection.
4. Within a week, candidates are notified regarding selection or non-selection.
5. Following notification, an induction ceremony is held at the school to recognize all the newly-selected members. Those newly selected members will receive an invitation to this ceremony. Our NJHS ceremony is open to parents and other family members.
In order to fill out the activity form and turn it in, you must receive a letter inviting you to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the SCCS Chapter of National Junior Honor Society, please contact Rachel Nunez.