St. Cecilia celebrates its 5th Annual Day of Service on April 1, 2023.
“Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.” Proverbs 22:9
Join the Faith in Action Committee to volunteer at the Houston Food Bank. Spend a few hours of your time as a gift to others who may be experiencing food insecurity. Your work as a volunteer will produce the equivalent of a meal a minute while helping the Houston Food Bank sort, process, and pack food.
• Our volunteer shift is from 1:00PM to 4:00PM.
• Come dressed in your favorite St. Cecilia red shirt.
• We will meet at the school at 12:00PM to have a light snack and then leave / caravan together to go to the Houston Food Bank.
Below is information from the Houston Food Bank:
• Volunteers MUST be at least 6 years old and supervised by a parent or guardian throughout the shift.
• Volunteers will inspect, sort, and repackage donated food items for community distribution at the warehouse.
• All volunteers under the age of 18 also need a completed Youth Volunteer Consent Form signed by a parent or guardian. A copy of this form can be downloaded by clicking the RESOURCES tab on your Volunteer Profile page.
• The Houston Food Bank requires all volunteers to register on their website.
1. Wear closed-toe shoes are required.
2. Wear long pants (preferred), t-shirt with sleeves.
3. Bring work gloves if desired.
4. Personal belongings are not allowed in project areas.
Due to limited locker space, we ask that you leave your purse, jackets, backpacks, and any other valuables in your vehicle before checking in.
We are incredibly grateful for your interest in helping the most vulnerable in our community!