Developing the potential of each student at St. Cecilia Catholic School means providing for a well-rounded, cultural education. We believe that appreciation, understanding and experience in fine arts is an essential aspect of educating the whole child. The school’s Music program offers the following:
- Develop Singing voice and sense of pitch
- Sing together, in small groups and solo
- Count, Chant, and perform rhythms in simple and compound meter.
- Initial understanding of Harmonic structures in Music.
- Connect sung and audiated melodies to voice and instruments.
- Differentiate Instruments and musical styles
Music (Middle School)
- Compose and Produce music using digital composition tools.
- Sing alone and in groups in unison, and in harmony.
- Count, Chant and perform rhythms in complex and mixed meter.
- Understand how Harmony and Melody connect to create a piece of music
- Identify and articulate musical preferences, and critique musical performances.
- Establish Musical Literacy in standard music notation and the Nashville Number System.