We are excited to announce our second annual Read-A-Thon! This is a fun event to encourage kids to read and build literacy skills while also raising money for the HSA.
Proceeds go straight to support educational programs like STREAM and Student Enrichment days, such as Astronomy Night, Cultural day, and the recent visit of the Houston Grand Opera.
Here’s how it works:
- Read-a-thon will run from Monday, February 20, 2023 through Friday, February 24th, 2023.
- Kids can read anything they want, graphic novels, science or history books, during library time, before or after school activities, study hall, at home.
- Students ask for pledges (either a flat donation or a donation per minute read) from family and friends.
- Kids will use the Pledge Form/Reading Log to record the pledges.
- They can keep track of how many minutes they’ve read each day.
- There will be prizes for the top readers.
- More questions? Please read Read-a-thon’s FAQs.
- Read-A-Thon Prize Information
- Read-A-Thon Reading Log